|The Gulf of Mexico near Puerto Morelos|
1. A few Spanish phrases: Buenos días (Good day), Gracias (Thank you), Por favor (Please) and Disculpe (Excuse me) take a person far and elicit a warmer response than the same basic French phrases do in Paris. I am not putting down the French; I'm acknowledging the warmth of Mexicans.
2. It's both soothing and exhilarating to see the sun rise over the Gulf of Mexico.
3. The turquoise sea south of Puerto Morelos is as delicious to swim in as it is to watch.
4. Destination weddings require guests to shell out a fair bit of cash and vacation time, thereby excluding many who wish the bride and groom well. On the plus side, those who gather in a far-off place have the chance to visit, talk, and get to know one another over two or more days.
5. No matter where a wedding is held, it's magical to witness two people vow to love and honor one another.
6. In the bridal-bouquet toss, the woman who really, really wants the flowers wins them.
|The jumper's my younger daughter. What can I tell you?|
She must have a thing for calla lilies.